We offer weekly groceries for those in need with kindness and respect.
Hours & Location
Saturdays 11:30 a.m. — 1:15 p.m.
1525 Waller St. (at Belvedere), SF, CA 94117
We ask that Pantry customers bring their Pantry ID cards, and line up after 11:00 am. The ideal arrival time is between 11:00 am – 12:45 pm. This allows us to set up before you get here, and get everyone through the line by 1:15 pm.
What’s different on Holiday Weekends
Anyone in need of food is elgible to get it at HAFP. If you are not sure if you qualify, come and speak to us. If we are the closest pantry to where you live, we will provide you with a HAFP pantry card. If not, we will help you find the pantry partner closest to you. We do not turn people away for lack of ID or physical address.
About the Food
The food we distribute is a combination of food provided by the San Francisco/Marin Food Bank, and food donated by local grocery stores, vendors, and neighbors.
Food distribution varies by week, but typically consists of approxinately 20-40 lbs. of the following items.
- Breads and Cereals: This bag may include tortillas, naan, or other types of bread, cereal, rice, and some sort of dessert such as cookies, cake, cupcake, or pie.
- Protein/Meats: This bag may include chicken, beef, fish, or seafood like tuna fish and/or vegetable protein such as beans, tofu, or nut butters.
- Vegetables/Fruits: This bag may include fruits and vegetables inluding starches like potatoes and depends on the season and what is growing in local fields and farms.
- Bonus items: Because HAFP partners with local merchants to divert foods from landfills, we may also provide prepared foods like salsa, sauces and soups, salads, fresh sandwiches, and similar items. These foods are randomly distrubuted in food bags when available.
- Vegetarian/Gluten-Free: HAFP provides food bags without meat for those who prefer meatless options and gluten-free options when available. These are on a first come, first served basis and contents are based on food donated.
We suggest bringing a cart or bags to carry groceries home.